Have fun making intentional memories with your family with this holiday bucket list. There are so many ideas that are perfect to help you fill your time throughout this holiday season.
The holiday season is here, and I couldn’t be more excited. I absolutely love this time of year. I know there’s a lot of focus on holiday shopping and gifts, but the real magic comes through all the experiences that actually make the season merry and bright.
Make this holiday season the best one yet. I’ve created this ultimate holiday bucket list to help you be intentional about making memories with your family all month long. Whether you start new family traditions or continue old ones, the memories you make this season will last long after the holidays are over.
Indoor holiday bucket list
Staying in during the holiday season doesn’t have to be boring. On the days where you want to snuggle up and stay home, indulge in one, or all, of the activities below with your family to see just how much fun you all can actually have.
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Have a picnic under the Christmas tree
- Enjoy a holiday music-themed dance party
- Watch Christmas movies
- Wear matching holiday pajamas
- Wrap Christmas gifts
- Host a family ugly Christmas sweater contest
- Listen to Christmas music
- Write a letter to Santa
- Read a Christmas story
Food holiday bucket list
Can you even do the holidays without getting in the kitchen? Pull out the flour, fancy baking dishes, and aprons and start crossing items off the list below.
- Build a gingerbread house
- Bake cookies
- Make hot cocoa bombs
- Have a green and red food themed dinner
- Have a cupcake decorating contest
- Drink eggnog
- Eat candy canes
- Make s’mores
- Try a special holiday drink
- Sip hot chocolate
Holiday craft bucket list
When the kids are bored or the weather outside is frightful, holiday crafts are the best way to past time while having tons of fun indoors.
- Make a dried orange garland
- Make salt dough ornaments
- Make paper snowflakes
- Make a pom-pom wreath
- Make reindeer food
- Make DIY ornaments
- Make homemade Christmas cards
- Make popcorn on a string
Outdoor activity holiday bucket list
Don’t want to stay in? No problem. Here are a few fun outdoor activities the whole family will enjoy.
- Visit a live nativity
- Give Santa a visit
- Cruise the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights
- Watch a local performance of The Nutcracker
- Attend a tree lighting ceremony
- Visit your local zoo
- Go caroling or watch carolers
- Go ice skating
- Visit a tree farm
Giving Holiday bucket list
The holiday season is the perfect time to give back to the community. What a great way for you and your family to come together and put a smile on someone else’s face.
- Donate old toys
- Hand out toiletry bags to the homeless
- Volunteer at a local food bank
- Perform a Random Act of Kindness
- Adopt a family
- Take baked goods to the fire station
- Give someone a Secret Santa gift
- Send a card to someone in the military
- Ring bells for the salvation army
The best way to create a memorable holiday season is to have a plan. Remember to remain flexible though and not let time pass you by. Happy memories are waiting for you. Time to go out and make them.
What are you looking forward to the most this holiday season?